By someone who actually knows what she is talking about… A message from Nouk in response to copyright claims by RoseSims2.net (spellings corrected by me, because I am such a pedant)
1. Whatever you import into Milkshape, has the skeleton information from the Sims 2, which give the mesh it’s animation. Even if you delete the meshfile, the skeleton (bones) remain, otherwise the hair wouldn’t work in the game.
Rose did not create the game animations nor the skeleton and bone information, EA/Maxis did.
2. After that, the mesh gets exported into the .gmdc format. Also, EA/Maxis made coding, not Rose.
3. The GMDC holds the bone assignments/animation/skeleton info and the mesh shape itself. (And more, but let’s give Rose the benefit of the doubt) Already 3/4th doesn’t belong to Rose!
4. The GMDC with the meshshape (from which the actual mesh shape is the only thing Rose owns, NOT the animation, NOT the bones, NOT the skeleton, NOT any coding, NOT ANY GAME FILE AT ALL) is put into a meshpackage that contains:
5.- GMDC (Geometric Data Container) = only 1/4th Rose work, 75% game file, straight from the game with the mesh shape replaced and assignments redone
– GMND (Geometric Node) = 0% Rose work, 100% game file, straight from the game
– CRES (Resource Node) = 0% Rose work, 100% game file, straight from the game
– SHAPE = 0% Rose work, 100% game file, straight from the game
Guess what, Rose changed roughly 25% of 25% of the whole damn mesh package. 6,25% is changed by her, out of the whole damn custom meshfile.
She owns it? because she edited 6,25% of an original EA game file? Get real.
Absolutely feckin’ marvellous